College of Continuing and Professional Studies
|Dean||Bob Stine (Interim)|
201 Coffey Hall, 1420 Eckles Avenue, Falcon Heights, Minnesota, 55108,
The University of Minnesota College of Continuing and Professional Studies (CCAPS) is a professional school of the University of Minnesota based at its Saint Paul Campus. The school offers applied graduate and undergraduate degrees, professional development certificates, practical-knowledge conferences and individualized degrees.
The College changed its name from the College of Continuing Education (CCE) in October, 2017 "to better reflect our mission, which is to provide opportunities for people to enhance their academic credentials, to advance their careers through professional courses, and to continue to learn across their lifespan through enrichment activities".
The General Extension Division (as it was originally named) was founded in 1913 University President George Edgar Vincent, to provide ongoing education to adult learners. Over the years since then it has had various names including the College of Continuing Education and Extension, and University College. Throughout the years, the mission has remained the same: to provide for the educational needs of the people of Minnesota.
The College of Continuing and Professional Studies is also home to Radio K, the student-run radio station of the University of Minnesota. Radio K serves listeners in Minneapolis-St. Paul and around the globe through online streaming and multiple broadcast channels: 770AM, 100.7FM, 104.5FM, and 106.5FM.
|Health Services Management||Bachelor||120|
|Information Technology Infrastructure||Bachelor||120|
|Manufacturing Operations Management||Bachelor||120|
|Addictions Counseling||Master of Professional Studies||30|
|Biological Sciences||Master of Biological Sciences||30|
|Arts and Cultural Leadership||Master of Professional Studies||30|
|Horticulture||Master of Professional Studies||30|
|Integrated Behavioral Health||Master of Professional Studies||60|
|Health Services Management||Minor||21|
|Information Technology Infrastructure||Minor||11|
|Manufacturing Operations Management||Minor||16|
- "U's College of Continuing Education formally announces name change". Twin-cities.umn.edu. 1 October 2017. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "About the College of Continuing and Professional Studies - College of Continuing & Professional Studies". Ccaps.umn.edu. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "Presidential History". University of Minnesota. Archived from the original on April 19, 2019. Retrieved December 17, 2017.
- The pursuit of knowledge under difficulties : from self-improvement to adult education in America, 1750-1990. Stanford, California, United States: Stanford University Press. 1994. p. 291. ISBN 978-0804722971.
- "ICP Adviser Handbook" (PDF). Ccaps.umn.edu. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "A Chronology of Development 1849-present" (PDF). University of Minnesota Extension. Retrieved December 24, 2017.
- "About". Radiok.org. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "Degrees and Minors | College of Continuing & Professional Studies". ccaps.umn.edu. Retrieved 2018-04-12.