Vermilion Community College
|Type||Public community college|
|Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System|
|Campus||80 acres (32 ha)|
|Colors||Blue & Gold|
|Nickname||Ironmen & Ironwomen|
|Minnesota College Athletic Conference|
Vermilion Community College is a public community college in Ely, Minnesota. It is adjacent to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness and the Superior National Forest and offers several niche programs focusing on natural resources, natural sciences, and outdoor education. Vermilion is also a residential college offering housing to nearly half of all attending students.
Vermilion sits on over 80 acres of property on the outskirts of Ely, Minnesota. Vermilion also runs an off-site Outdoor Learning Center for student use. This center has cabins, a classroom, forest area, a beach with docks, and is located on Fall Lake which serves as an entry point into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW).
In March 2022, the Board of Trustees of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system approved merger of Vermilion with Hibbing Community College, Itasca Community College, Mesabi Range College and Rainy River Community College into a single institution called Minnesota North College.
Law enforcement program
Vermilion Community College's Law Enforcement program offers a 19 credit certification program called Seasonal Park Law Enforcement Ranger Training.And park ranger academy at the end if students decide to go into it. 
In 2015, Vermilion built a kiln shelter on the campus for wood and soda firing as well as an area for a foundry.
The Vermilion Community College art department offers traditional art courses that include Drawing, Ceramics, and Painting from Environmental Design, Wilderness Digital Photography, and Introduction to Video and the Moving Image.
Vet Tech Program
In August, 2017, Vermilion Community College unveiled a new $6 Million 120 bed townhouse style housing that covers 26,000 square-feet. Vermilion Community College accommodates over 60% of its students in its housing.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Vermilion Community College
- Whitford, Emma (March 17, 2022). "Merger Approved for 5 Minnesota Community Colleges". Inside Higher Ed. Retrieved 21 March 2022.
- "Vermilion Community College Profile - Minnesota State". www.minnstate.edu. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "Vermilion Community College: Review & Facts | American School Search". www.american-school-search.com. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "Seasonal Park Law Enforcement Ranger Training". Vermilion Community College. Retrieved 2016-12-17.
- "Kiln yard, outdoor theater part of $1.1 million in renovations at VCC". The Ely Echo. Retrieved 2016-12-17.
- "Animal care coming to VCC with new vet tech programs: The Ely Echo". www.elyecho.com. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "Veterinary Technician Profile - Minnesota State". www.mnscu.edu. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "Vermilion Community College: Veterinary Technician". www.vcc.edu. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "New Housing Facility at Vermilion Community College - Fox21Online". Fox21Online. 2017-08-25. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "Groundbreaking set for new student housing at Vermilion Community College in Ely, Minn.: Kraus-Anderson". Kraus-Anderson. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "VCC opens new housing - Dignitaries celebrate ribbon cutting day at Timber Ridge: The Ely Echo". www.elyecho.com. Retrieved 2017-11-23.